HTML5 is a hot digital marketing topic, and just the use of it will generate buzz and press for your site. It also creates such visually appealing aesthetics that users will want to share it. Think of the PACMAN Google Doodle and how many people you told when you saw it.
These are just some of the ways that HTML5 can benefit you.
1. HTML5 allows for the implementation of rich media. In addition to making your website more attractive, this will also increase your CTR, time on site, and ultimately increase your page rank.
2. Web Developers are more likely to use HTML5 over Flash. This allows mobile sites to be more dynamic and increases the usability for mobile consumers (especially Apple users).
3. HTML5 allows Google and other search engines to index the id tags of page elements and place higher importance on the content based upon which the element is contained within. This can have an extremely positive effect on how you place within the ranking algorithm, especially if you have a lot of rich media content.
4. HTML5 increases the popularity of Geo Locations, and increases the use in applications because it has higher browser compatibility
5. HTML5 allows web developers to build drag and drop tools into websites and have them work efficiently. This increases user interaction, average time on site, and page speed.