Typing “eCommerce platforms” into a Google search is likely to yield Magento as the #1 result. This is no mystery, as Magento is simply better than competitors such as Shopify, Big Commerce, and OS Commerce. As a Silver Solutions Magento Partner, we would know; we’ve developed eCommerce sites for Tailwaters Fly Fishing, Colour Me, Colorco, and Dom Fight Gear, just to name a few.
Whether you’re building your first eCommerce site from scratch or are giving your current site a facelift, there are reasons why Magento’s platform is the only way to go:
- Magento has the financial and technical backing of EBay. As a result, virtually unlimited support and resources are available to help develop the world’s best and most customizable eCommerce platform.
- Magento’s software development team constantly finds ways to improve the world’s #1 eCommerce platform. Recently Magento released Magento Enterprise 1.12 and Magento Community 1.7 with new added features that boost consumer engagement, increase conversions, and foster brand loyalty.
- Large companies such as EBay, Samsung, Movado, T-Mobile, and K-Swiss trust Magento. Factor in the over 110,000 online merchants that prefer Magento as an eCommerce solution as well, and you’ve got a pretty solid case.
- Magento stays closely connected with partnering web development companies. They’ll help you find a Magento Solutions Partner tailored to your needs. There are three levels to choose from (bronze, silver and gold) at all levels of cost, creativity and eCommerce knowledge.
- Magento has three different editions to choose from: Magento Go, Magento Community and Magento Enterprise. This means their open source platform has you covered regardless of what you’re looking for; from a novice level to someone who wants the flexibility of a highly customized eCommerce site.
While there are many good eCommerce platforms out there, only Magento can provide such extensive financial support, technical backing, partnerships, clients, and packages. As a result, you are able to take home the credibility, support and peace of mind that business at any level require to be successful.