While being active on social media networks is a step in the right direction, it’s no longer enough. To make the most of your digital marketing efforts you need to have the right software in place. From automating posts to tracking your success, the right software is integral to getting your social media on track.
For a busy business owner, having automation software for your social media will be a saving grace. The nature of the social media beast requires you to be present at all times of the day. Unfortunately, that isn’t always possible. Automating software such as HootSuite has been very beneficial for many businesses.
Still, before you dive into automation head on, Techwyse suggests, “In order for social media automation to be effective, it needs to be used the right way.” There are three factors to keep in mind.
• Time of day: It’s important that you are automating your messages at the right time of the day; otherwise you’re missing the opportunity.
• Change up your message: Don’t automate the same messages across all platforms – change the post, and keep them unique to each platform.
• Don’t use it as a crutch: Social media is about engagement. While automation is a great tool, be sure to spend time interacting as well.
Know Your Analytics
The only way you can truly take advantage of social media is by monitoring your interactions with analytic software. This allows you to identify trends, key search terms, most popular posts, etc. Knowing this will allow you to move forward successfully. By monitoring your actions you can actually utilize social media as an effective marketing tool. Before choosing one program, however, consider:
• Cross platform capabilities: If you’re present on multiple networks, you want one that will monitor all of them in one.
• Reporting style: Often these programs will allow you to export reports out to an excel document – this makes your job easier.
• Cost: Some software is more expensive than others, however, in this case, more expensive often means better. Take time to read reviews and get references first.
Integrate Your CMS/CRM
The final step in getting your social media on track is integrating your CMS and CRM.
According to Business-Software.com, “Social CRM platforms can help teams across an enterprise map different campaigns and initiatives, manage campaigns across different social media platforms, and gain better insight into customers’ general online behavior.” Keep in mind there are a few features that will make this a worthwhile investment.
• Tools: What tools are available to you – Look for options such as real time contact record updating and lead opportunities auto discover.
• Customization: The key to any successful software program is being able to customize it for your business. Be sure that you can change automation schedules, contact settings, search functions, etc.
It’s no longer enough to simply be present on your social media platforms. Now you should be monitoring your engagement, and using it to connect with customers outside of the social sphere. Take your social media to the next level with the right software and you’ll reap the full benefits.
Bio: Jessica Sanders is an avid small business writer touching on topics that range from social media to business management. She is a professional blogger and web content writer for ResourceNation.com.