Magic Logix has had the opportunity to build several e-commerce sites, and it has quickly become one of our most requested services.
We feel that our experience can help others, so we’ve compiled a list of some of the best e-commerce site practices:
1. Make sure that all relevant information is transparent to the customer. From tax or shipping rates to refund policies and beyond; make sure this information is available to the customer. This allows the customer to put their trust in you, resulting in comfortable purchase completion.
2. Your site has to be alluring and has to draw customers in. Since we’re dealing with a website and not a physical store, the customer is unable to touch the product or see it up close. Therefore, it’s imperative for the customer to see multiple images in order to persuade them to purchase without using their other senses.
3. Strong calls to action. It’s necessary to have bold, colorful calls to action that will prompt the customer to click on the product and complete the sale.
4. Prominent e-commerce security badges. We recommended that our clients use SSL security support for orders on both front end and back-end. Customers look for sites that use these badges because they trust that their information will be secure.
5. Site Navigation. It’s important to use correct headings and subheadings to make site navigation easy and provide the customer with great experience. Breadcrumb navigation makes it easy for customers to move through the site and retrace their steps if necessary.
Our strategy centers on our client’s success. As a Magento e-Commerce Silver Solutions Partner, we’re able to build a strong and feature rich e-commerce platform solution that allows merchants the ability to tailor their site to their unique business needs.