As of November 8, 2010, Magento announced the available Preview for Magento Community Edition 184.108.40.206-rc1. New features included in the upgraded software include TheFind Extension and new Magento Connect Manager 2. If you have installed Magento version 220.127.116.11-beta1 through Magento Connect, you need to reinstall it manually, because no current automatic update is available.
The new feature through connect manager, allows extensions to be installed as standalone archive. All extensions that are uploaded to Magento Connect will be automatically converted and made available on the new channels. To install the extensions use the new connect manager by changing the extension key format. Magento updated the versions release notes visible on Magento’s website in an article called Release Notes-Magento 18.104.22.168-rc1 (November 8, 2010). Here are a few of the many improvements include in this version…
- TheFind Extension
- New Magento Connect Manager 2
- Extensions can be installed as standalone archive using New connect Manager
- Added “Switch/Maestro” card type to support centinel 3DS validator
- Added comment about Maestro and 3d-secure to PayPal system config
- Flexible filters implementation in collections
- Multiple recipient emails and names
- Improved Backordered Item Status for Sub items in Orders
- Improved rewrite selection from DB with suffix validation and url rewrite from admin backend
- Zend Framework updated to version 1.10.8
Magento continues to evolve as the world’s premier ecommerce platform, by improving software to ensure more engagement and more involvement from the community, developers and customers. Magic Logix is a digital interactive agency that utilizes Magento platforms as a tool for customizing enterprise solutions for ecommerce businesses. As a Magento Community Partner, Magic Logix benefits from keeping up to date with the latest software updates, to produce the best and most efficient results for client projects. To learn more about Magic Logix Enterprise Solutions for your digital marketing campaign please give us a call at (214) 694-2162 or visit our Contact Page to submit your requests and needs.