In this quickly changing world of ours, what was once done with a letter and some postage is now done by social media. What once took weeks to send, can now be done instantly with the push of a button. While keeping up with your favorite celebrity, talking with friends and messaging family is easy using social media, often businesses have a much more difficult time finding social media as useful. Social Media Marketing has been catching on with small business and corporations, however there are a few that still hesitate to jump on the bandwagon. For these businesses, listed below are some of the best practices for social media in business in order to help build a customer’s trust, reputation and following on Twitter.
- Share: Tweet behind the scenes information and photos about your company. Give glimpses of developing plans and events because users come to Twitter to get and share the latest information on who they follow.
- Listen: Regularly check for comments about your company, brand and products. Twitter is a great researching tool to understand your audience and really gain insight from their feedback.
- Reply: Reply to compliments and responses right away. Responding to comments encourages social media engagement. When you respond you build trust and add a personal touch to your marketing campaign. Think of replying as part of customer service within your business.
- Retweet comments: Retweet and respond to excellent tweets posted by your followers. Twitter is not a place where you only promote yourself as a sales pitch; it is also being involved in what your followers are doing. If partner or customer has something creative and important to share, retweet and help promote them. When you help others and promote them, they will be more inclined to return the favor.
- Ask Questions: Ask questions to your followers to gain insights from them, this shows you are listening. Be creative with your questions. You can use questions to measure how many people are keeping up with your account and how many people are active and engaged in what you have to say.
- Rewards: Tweet discounts, special bargains and time sensitive deals to your followers. Be creative. Always give back to your customers and community. Social media is a great avenue to give back and offer promotions and contests.
- Show leadership & know-how: Retweet links to articles that are related to your industry. This shows your followers that you are a network hub for your industry and that you see the bigger picture. Be involved in your community and connect with your community on Twitter.
When done properly, following these 7 simple tips can effectively grow your Twitter following for your business and get you moving in the right direction in the ever expanding twitterverse. Feel free to Follow Magic Logix on Twitter! We hope to connect with you as you explore social media marketing to capture your target audience and build your business brand.