- Paginating Database Records with the Code Igniter PHP Framework 5 views
- A Guide to Interning at a Digital Marketing Agency: Part 2 #OrganizeandPrioritize 4 views
- Custom and Secure Authentication with Yii Framework – Part1 3 views
- Magic Logix Wants You to Win a Pebble Watch! 3 views
- Using Visual Aids in Social Media Marketing: 5 Easy Tips 3 views
- A Guide to Interning at a Digital Marketing Agency: Part 1: #LifeofanIntern 1 view
- Custom and Secure Authentication with Yii Framework – Part2 1 view
- The Beginners Guide for Social Media Marketing at Trade Shows 1 view
- What You Need to Know About the Internet of Things 1 view
- 3 Social Media Marketing Trends to Watch in 2014 1 view
We’ve read today that Google has recently agreed to acquire Wildfire. This acquisition helps Google dive even deeper into the social sphere, as they continue their quest to engage more in social media. Wildfire is a social media advertising firm that enables brands to manage the marketing and advertising of social campaigns across different social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter and of course, Google Plus).
While the amount of the purchase is said to be set at $250 Million, it will be interesting to see what sort of impact this has on social media marketing. According to Jason Miller on Google’s official blog, the company is “looking forward to creating new opportunities for our clients to engage with people across all social services.” Looks like the future will tell just how Google will make use of this platform.
An interesting note: Mark Zuckerberg’s sister Arielle has been working as a junior product manager for Wildfire. This now makes her a Google employee. There’s sure to be some sort of sibling rivalry happening. You can just picture the phone call: “Hey sis, just checking in. So, how’s work going?” Looks like for now we’ll have to stay tuned to see if this helps increase Google’s social impact.
Tags: Acquisition, facebook, google, Google Plus, Integrated Social Media, linkedin, Online Agency, Pinterest, search marketing, Social, Social Media Marketing, social media networking, twitter, Wildfire
About Chris Apaliski
Chris Apaliski is the Social Media Director for Magic Logix and is responsible for implementing social strategy and content for Magic Logix and various clients. He has a decade of experience in digital marketing, typically blogs about social media or current marketing trends and in addition to Magic Logix has been published on CIO.com, Yahoo! Small Business, Sprout Social and other websites. Chris has a BA in English Composition from The University of North Texas and a Master’s Degree in Marketing from UT Dallas. Follow Chris on Twitter @RedefineChris